Triston Gailey surfing video: 3-Year-Old surfer prodigy started standing up on his boogie board aged TWO
- Triston Gailey, 3, amazed his father when he first popped up on the board
- Father Todd Gailey said he isn't pushy, his son is simply a 'natural'
- The Californian surfers take to the waves for half an hour together every day
By Helen Collis
PUBLISHED: 06:37 EST, 5 September 2013 | UPDATED: 06:54 EST, 5 September 2013
Ditching his Thomas the Tank Engine T-shirt for a wetsuit and life jacket, three-year-old Triston Gailey rides the waves with the big boys on the Central California coast.
The youngster has stunned his proud father Todd Gailey, a keen surfer, who says he's a 'natural' on the board.
The blonde-haired child first took to the waves on a boogie board at just two years old, with his older sister, who was six.
Natural: Triston Gailey, three, has amazed his father Todd, left, by showing a natural ability to be able to surf
But when he voluntarily started standing up on the boogie-board Mr Gailey, 35, decided to buy his toddler son a surf board instead.
Right away, Triston was turning heads as he perfected his form: poised and balanced, hands out in front as he rides waves to shore in Morro Bay.
Mr Gailey, a life-long surfer who lives in San Luis Obispo, calls his son a 'natural,' and the 'most coordinated three-year-old he's ever seen'.
Surfing duo: The father and son head out to the surf together in Morro Bay, California, for 30 minutes every day
Heading out: Triston was bought a 5-foot-8 surfboard by his father after he started standing up on a boogie board
Speaking to local news service, The Tribune, Mr Gailey said initially he would prop his son on the board in a standing position and then push him as a wave approached.
But more recently, he said Triston asked if he could ride on his belly.
Thinking his son wanted to ride his surfboard like on a boogie board, he pushed him at the first available wave, then glanced back to check the incoming swell.
When he turned to watch his son, he saw the three-year-old remarkably pop straight up into the standing position. He rode the wave all the way into the shore.
'He’s the most coordinated three-year-old I’ve ever seen,' Mr Gailey told the San Luis Obispo Tribune, adding that he takes to virtually all sports with great ease.
Coordinated: Toddler Triston has perfected the stance without any trouble, and adds surfing to the list of many sports and activities he loves to do
He can swim, enjoys jumping off the high dive, loves rock climbing, skateboarding and can dribble a football. He has been riding a bicycle without training wheels for six months now, according to the news service.
Mr Gailey stressed that he's not pushy with his son, 'I just want him to enjoy everything he does... I don't really care how good he does or doesn't get. I'm just loving surfing with him,' he told the Tribune.
And just like all little boys, Triston also loves to play with blocks and cars, and spends much of their beach time searching for squirrels.
Read more here: Surfing 3-year-old from SLO is 'just a natural,' dad says
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Paul Walker: Revealed, heroic stuntman who risked his own life to try and save actor best friend from fireball car crash
Newt Wimer, 37, raced to scene and made a desperate attempt to pull Walker from the burning Porsche GTBurnt arms in rescue bid, allegedly hit ...
- The incredible aerial photographs of American cities taken by the world's first drone: Pioneer took images in 1900s with cameras attached to kites
- Facebook campaign launched to help widow of Doritos Locos Tacos visionary
- Chesapeake Bay bridge: The Maryland bridge so terrifying locals pay $25 for company to shuttle them across in their own car
- Sci-Fi home security systems for the rich: The rise of the billionaire bunker
- Sex manual created for ultra-Orthodox Jews
- HALF of the country threatened by tornadoes and severe weather as experts warn urban sprawl means deadly twister strikes on cities will become more common
- Missouri woman Diane Staudte, 51, used anti-freeze to kill husband she 'hated' and son who was 'worse than a pest'
- Student takes grinning selfie as pregnant teacher has contractions
- San Francisco's OTHER 'Painted Ladies': Spine-chilling black Victorian homes in the City by the Bay are revealed in time for Halloween
- EXCLUSIVE - Naked and Afraid and 'FAKE': Survival show contestant was secretly given IV drip and baby food after she gets ill from eating a turtle - but viewers were not told
- Are Washington 'Redskins' doomed? NFL's resistance to change showing cracks.
- Ferraz do Amaral family killed their upscale Lake Nona home and weren't found for 3 weeks
- 'Hillbilly reality': Meet the man who lives with eight bears on new Discovery reality series, Porter Ridge, set on a junk yard
- Ian Watkins' ex-girlfriend claims his fans are hiding extent of child abuse
- Queer artist Coco Layne transforms her appearance to 'open up debate about gender presentation'
- Gone but not forgotten: 'Deleted' Snapchat photos are stored on your phone and can be easily downloaded, claims forensics firm
- Rebel Wilson busted whilst making off with buffet
- Philomena Lee: 'To think the nuns never told us my son was searching for me'
- All the president's women: Virgin interns. Prostitutes. White House pool sex sessions. 50 years after the murder of JFK, the jaw-dropping truth of the betrayal of Jackie
- Jameis Winston will be 'completely exonerated' from rape claim, says his attorney
- Cup that's IMPOSSIBLE to knock over: Mighty Mug perfect for clumsy user
- Rebecca Sedwick suicide: Boy who dated both the Florida teen who killed herself and her tormentors speaks out for the first time telling the suspects to talk to police about what they did
- Unclaimed $16 million lottery ticket in Florida expires
- The tomato was feared for 200 YEARS by Europeans who called it 'poison apple' and thought it to be sinful and seductive
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Man, 42, lured in Craigslist ad by Newlywed 'thrill killers' was STILL ALIVE - choking and gasping for air - after being stabbed 20 times as couple searched for place to dump his body
- Controversial Snuggle House shuts just three weeks after opening citing 'harassment' from Wisconsin officials who feared it was all a front for prostitution
- President Obama accused of lying over Syrian intelligence in sarin gas attack by award-winning journalist Seymour Hersh
- Girl, 2, mauled to death by grandfather's dog after he left her alone
- Look how they've grown! Theo the dog is now nearly as big as toddler Beau but the two continue to nap together
- Michigan State University: Students riot after Big Ten Championship win, first invite to Rose Bowl in decades
- Jesse Metcalfe is dapper in grey blazer as he celebrates his 35th birthday at bash thrown by fiancée Cara Santana
- Four US presidents to attend Nelson Mandela memorial. Security challenge? (+video)
- Could Satanists get a monument at Oklahoma State Capitol? (+video)
- Rand Paul: My wife says 'no' to presidential bid (+video)